BLOOD ORANGE SALAD
Antioxidant Rich Blood Orange Salad with Goat Cheese, Blueberries and Pistachios is layered with wonderful flavor, color, and texture. It goes great with a Dijon Balsamic Dressing or a Turmeric Salad Dressing.
Ingredients and Instructions
1 large head of Romaine Lettuce
2 cups Sunflower Greens
1 cup Cilantro
4 peeled Blood Oranges
1 cup Red Onion
2 Ripe Avocado
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese - depends on how much you enjoy cheese.
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/2 cup Pistachios
1. Rinse Greens and dry - Romaine Lettuce, Sunflower Greens and Cilantro.
2. Break Romaine into bite size pieces. Leave Sunflower Greens with small steams and pull Cilantro leaves from steams. Place Greens in a large Salad bowl.
3. Slice Red Onion and toss into Salad bowl with Greens. Slice up avocado adding to Greens and Red Onion. Peel Oranges and slice into thin round slices. After you’ve cut them into thin rounds cut into quarters. Add the Blood Oranges to mixture in Salad Bowl. Sprinkle Goat Cheese on top of salad. Once, you’ve added the Goat Cheese on top pour Blueberries over the Goat Cheese and then the Pistachios.
This salad serves about 12 people and goes great with a Dijon Balsamic Dressing or add a fun twist and try Trader Joe’s fresh made Turmeric Salad Dressing in the produce section. Cheers!
TURMERIC SAGE ROASTED BEETS AND SWEET POTATOES
A Power Packed Recipe you don’t want to miss out on! One of my favorites for Dinner. Turmeric and Sage on Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes.
I love all the great health benefits Turmeric, Beets, and Sweet Potatoes have to offer. If you are wanting to improve your digestive health, looking to lose weight, and want healthier looking skin, this recipe is a must to add into your weekly meal planning.
Check out below for all the amazing health benefits and recipe.
Turmeric is an ancient spice from India. It carries the active component called curcumin. Curcumin is used to help treat many different health conditions such as depression symptoms, promote weight loss to help prevent obesity, boost skin health (wounds and acne), aid in detoxification, and helps manage Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
Beets also, provide amazing holistic health benefits to our digestive health because, they are packed in fiber. Fiber is great for our digestive system. When we eat healthy fiber from beets and it passes through the IG Tract it feeds the “Good Gut Bacteria”. This helps keep the digestive system healthy, preventing constipation, inflammatory bowel diseases and diverticulitis.
Sweet Potatoes are a Low Glycemic Index Food. This means it is a slow releasing of carbohydrates (sugars). Which, helps the body maintain a healthy balanced source of energy without blood sugar spikes that cause fatigue and weight gain.
Turmeric and Sage on Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes Recipe to help you maximize your health and wellness goals.
2 cups diced beets
2 cups diced sweet potatoes
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Sage
1 Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Cut up beets and sweet potatoes.
2. Combine together in large bowl.
3. Add in olive oil and coat vegetables well with oil.
4. Add turmeric, Sage, salt and pepper - mix well cover beets and sweet potatoes
5. Spread over over a lightly oiled baking sheet.
6. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
7. Bake vegetables for 20 min stirring vegetables around occasionally to roast evenly.
.This dish makes on average 6-8 servings. Enjoy!
Roasted Miso Cauliflower Recipe
Great for Gut Health!
I’ve been playing around with some great recipes for “Gut Health” and Weight-Loss. Here is a delicious side dish to add to your weekly meal planning that will help you feel more energized. Along, with trimming the waist-line.
Benefits of Miso
Miso paste is a probiotic food that contains millions of microorganisms similar to the beneficial bacteria that lives in your large intestine. This makes it a healthy probiotic food, helping to support digestion. Having a healthy digestive system is key to weight-loss. As well, as many other health benefits Miso offers such as, mental clarity, reducing “brain fog”, increased energy, better Immune System to fight off viruses, helps increase Serotonin levels reducing depression and giving a healthier glowing complexion. Miso is also rich in B-complex vitamins and several minerals, including calcium, iron, zinc, copper and magnesium. Checkout recipe below.
Roasted Miso Cauliflower Recipe
1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
2 tablespoon white miso paste
2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon low soy sauce
1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons cilantro flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. spray baking sheet lightly with coconut spray.
3. Combine the miso, oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
4. Toss the cauliflower with the miso mixture and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle Cilantro flakes on top.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until well browned.
1 bunch kale
2 T. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 275°F.
Fill a large bowl with water and add kale. Swish around to remove any dirt; drain. Dry thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel or salad spinner.
Tear the kale leaves into 1” – 2” pieces, discarding the ribs, and place in a bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands until evenly coated. Rub each leaf gently between your fingers as you work to ensure each is covered in oil.
Arrange the leaves in a single layer (with NO overlap) on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Optional: Sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until leaves are crispy. Serve. Store in airtight container.
CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP
Warm and cozy chicken wild rice soup made in the slow cooker. It’s a perfect meal for the chilly Winter nights. 🥣
1 cup uncooked wild rice
1 pound skinless boneless chicken
1 cup chopped onions
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped carrots
4-5 garlic cloves minced
2 bay leaves
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
2 Tbsp salt-Free seasoning blend (Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute or Mrs. Dash Original Blend)
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place uncooked rice, chicken, onions, celery, garlic, bay leaves, chicken broth, water and seasoning in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. In the last 1/2 hour remove chicken. Allow to cool slightly before shredding.
2. When the rice is done cooking, add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Add oil into a sauce pan. Add flour. Mix together for 1 minute. Whisk the mixture slowly while adding in your choice of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk. Continue to whisk until all lamps have dissolved. Allow the mixture to thicken and become creamy.
3. Add this creamy mixture to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add additional water, Almond Milk or Coconut Milk to your preference if the consistency is too thick. Season with more Sea Salt or Pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Overnight Oats 🍌🍓✨
I posted Overnight Oats on my personal IG page @danielledelorefice yesterday evening, only posting a picture of my Sunday food prep without a recipe. I received feedback from followers and client’s wanting the recipe so here it is!
The great thing about making Overnight Oats is you won’t need a large serving to fill you up and feel satisfied because, it is loaded in fiber! You also, will not have to do anything in the morning except mix it around and scoop out your serving size.
Okay, the moment you’ve been waiting for...the recipe!
1. Measure 1 cup oats pour into mason jar. Make sure the mason jar is medium to large in size.
2. Add 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds. Lightly shake the jar mixing the oats and Chia Seeds together.
3. Add 3/4 cups of Almond Milk. After adding the Almond Milk stir mixture with a spoon.
4. Add in 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter and 1 Tbsp Honey. Preferably @solabeehoney. I love Sola Bee’sYellow Star Thistle. You can find them at Whole Foods, Sac Food Co-Op, Davis Food Co-Op and Nugget stores. Nice plug-in
5. Add in fruit of your choice. I like to add blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices.
Once you’ve added your fruit place lid on the jar and tighten. Place in refrigerator overnight and you’re done! Let it sit over night to soak up the Almond Milk. The Chia Seeds will turn into jelly beads. In the morning mix around and measure out your portion size. Portion size is around 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. Tom and I both share this jar of Overnight Oats and last us three days. Enjoy!